The following recommendations come directly from fellow Firefly mamas who have experience and wisdom to share.
As a Charlottesville maternity and newborn photographer, I meet A LOT of new moms…all with varying journeys through pregnancy and postpartum.
Their collective knowledge is the goldmine of real-talk we all need.
I’ve also included links to many local businesses that offer specific services for women in the prenatal and postnatal stages.
It’s not supposed to be a master list of all your options, but rather, a curated list of recommendations for moms by moms…
really cool, local moms who you can trust.
Charlottesville Pre/Postnatal Doulas + lactation support
Physical healing + postnatal exercise in Charlottesville
- Women in Motion │ Michelle Little DPT │ orthepedic + performance physical therapy, pre + postnatal physical therapy, pregnancy prep classes │ in person & virtual
- One Fit Mother Cville │ indoor + outdoor workouts, core classes, community, + education for moms in all stages (bring the babe along!) │ first class free
- Be Squared Nutrition │ Bethany Blalock, nutrition assessments and plans especially for new moms, infants, + young kids
- Zoom Cycle – Indoor training, cycling, + sculpt │ “cardio without too much pressure on the pelvic floor”
Other advice from our mamas:
“Don’t stress about losing the weight. Eat well for you and your baby’s well being”
“Listen to your body and be kind to it.”
“Shove food in your mouth and relax bc you just popped out a baby!”
Maternity clothing in Charlottesville + Online Boutiques
- Green Bean Baby Boutique │ organic + eco-friendly | based in Charlottesville
- Darling Boutique │ qualilty second-hand items | based in Charlottesville
- Roolee │ Utah-based boutique with comfortable, stylish maternity & nursing-friendly pieces
- Pact Organic │ organic + eco-friendly maternity staples
- One Loved Babe │ stylish maternity, nursing-friendly, and baby pieces
- Love Olive Co │ Idaho-based boutique with boho maternity + nursing-friendly peices
Favorite baby + toddler resources in Charlottesville
Charlottesville prenatal massages + feel good body things
Other Amazing Charlottesville-Based Resources for New Moms
Even more (personal) tips
I’ve grouped topics with more personal information and recommendations for Charlottesville new moms like
along with quick tips like
- “things from my registry I didn’t really use,”
- “best books for maternity leave,” +
- “best take-out for tired nights”
This tribe is both resourceful and funny so enjoy 🙂
Add Firefly maternity + newborn photos to your baby registry!
Just click here and copy the link to your babylist registry so family and friends can support you in a special way!
How I handle sibling challenges in newborn photo sessions
4 tips for lifestyle newborn sessions with 2 under 2
The Alternative to a “cake smash” session